Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
The purpose of this Notice is to tell you what information we collect from you, how and when it will be collected and what happens to it. For the purpose of this Notice, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to Naveg Technologies as an organisation (also referred to as “NAVEG”).
We are a complex organisation and we interact with people in varied ways. This notice deals with the way we handle information under various headings (Web-site and other users, Members, Candidates, Individuals who work with the NAVEG, Organisations who work with the NAVEG). Depending on your relationship with the NAVEG more than one of these categories will apply to you. You should also refer to the information included in the section headed General.
NAVEG is a Responsible Party (data controller) and can be contacted using the contact details below.
This Notice only applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of NAVEG. Third party websites and services we link to through our websites have their own privacy policies, independent of us. We hold no responsibility or liability for those independent policies. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy policies of any third-party website you visit.
We will collect information from you when you visit our website, use our services, contact us by telephone or email or receive a communication from us relating to our services. If you are a business customer, this Notice applies to the information you provide to us about individual participants / contacts from within your business (for example directors), or information about you as a sole trader or partnership.
The Information Officer
- Address: Ground Floor, 4 Quadrum Office Park, 50 Constantia Boulevard, Constantia Kloof, JHB
- Tel.: +27 11 678 0653
- Email: [email protected]
If you have a specific question about this Notice or how we use your personal information, you should contact us at the above address or email address; please mark your communication as “Data Protection Enquiry”.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information to provide you with a better experience of using our websites and applications and to facilitate our audiences, and visitors to NAVEG website and users of our premises and facilities amongst other reasons (see the “How will NAVEG use my information?” section below). In order to provide you with access to certain services or data within our websites and applications, or to our services our premises and facilities we will require that you provide certain personal information. This information will include:
- Your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, subscriber name or screen name, password used to access our services, country of residence and/or method of payment;
- personal data related to your professional status, your job title, your practice location, your area of practice, if you are a student or if you contact us with a query about your membership your course information;
- personal and contact details you give us when subscribing to receive marketing information from us (for example name, role and email address);
- information we collect via cookies or similar technology stored on your device about how you use our website
- your IP address;
- information from our web servers about online activity;
- information from social media activity (such as likes, shares and tweets) when you interact with us on social media;
- information you provide if you report a problem with our website
We will collect and process your personal information in accordance with this Notice.
If you make an enquiry via our website, on the telephone or via email, or via any third party, we will collect the information you provide to us, together with any information provided by that third party. We will monitor and record telephone and written correspondence with you to train our staff and monitor our services.
How Will Naveg Use My Information?
We use the data we collect about you for various purposes. POPIA legislation sets out specific “lawful” reasons for which we are entitled to process your personal data.
As it is in our legitimate interest to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our services and organisation, we will use your Personal information in the following ways:
- To assist in responding to your inquiries, including answering your questions on pricing and information relating to our Services;
- To learn more about your requirements
- At your request to register you for a training event
- To manage and administer events run
- At your request to provide you with a quote for our Services.
- effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses and the legitimate interests of our clients in receiving professional services.
- To perform our obligations under a contractual arrangement with you.
- To allow us to evaluate your employment application.
NAVEG wants to share information and news about our products and services with you. We can do this in various ways including e-mail, post, SMS, phone or social media (or such other method(s) as will become relevant) but only if you would like us to. Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we will use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing information about our products and services as well as those of third parties, and we will permit those third parties to send their own direct marketing to you.
We will ensure that any direct marketing from us and which is sent by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. Once you have provided your express consent for us to contact you on our behalf, or on behalf of other organisations, there are a number of methods available to you in order to change your preferences, to correct or update your personal information at any time by:
- clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any promotional e-mail you receive from us
- contacting our product or service team where a correction is required
- contacting us at [email protected]
In addition, if we need your consent for direct marketing communications under applicable law, and if you provide your consent, you will be able to change your mind at any time.
We will share your personal information within NAVEG for the purposes of shared services or business management and optimization.
We will share your information:
- to third parties who operate our premises and services or to provide a service or benefit to you or for us in connection NAVEG’s activities, including events and accommodation, facilities and security and those involved in providing and supporting our IT;
- for the purpose of our compliance and regulatory reporting
- if we have been asked to provide information about you for legal or regulatory
We will retain your information for as long as is needed for the purposes set out in this notice or as will be agreed in any specific registration form or other application you complete.
Subject to that, we will retain your personal information for five years.
In certain circumstances, we will be required to retain your personal information for longer, where such retention is required by law or record keeping requirements, including managing our relationship with you, defending any claims, or for tax purposes.
- NAVEG does not generally do cross border information transfers.
- However, in the unlikely event that cross border transfer of personal information is necessary and/or unavoidable, NAVEG shall ensure that the data protection and privacy laws of such countries to which personal information is transferred, are similar to the legislation in South Africa and that the recipients of the personal information commit to the same standard of data protection as that which NAVEG has committed to.
- Some of our IT systems are cloud based so your personal information will be sent outside the South Africa. We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information in the form of standard data protection clauses.
How We Safeguard Your Information
- Personal information of data subjects in NAVEG’s possession is safeguarded against unauthorised access and use, disclosure, alteration, damage and/or loss, by the deployment of reasonably practicable organisational and technological safeguards.
- NAVEG also take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity, accuracy and updating of personal information held by it. NAVEG has implemented encryption, adequate access controls and other best practices to protect personal data.
- We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Your rights over your information
- You can ask us what information we hold about you, request to have access to it, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- In those cases where we process your information for contractual reasons, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information.
- If you believe we are not using your information lawfully you can ask us to stop using it for a period of time. In some circumstances, you may have the right to ask us to erase your personal data.
- If you have a complaint about our use of your personal information, you can contact the Information Officer or Information Regulator via their website at https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
- JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
- P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
- Complaints email: [email protected]
- General enquiries email: [email protected]
Transmission of information online is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us in this way. Transmission of data over the internet is at your own risk.
We will also obtain information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type in accordance with our Cookies Policy.
We will use any of your personal data in connection with any complaint made relating to our service to you, or in respect of reviewing any legal rights or obligations, either on the basis of performing our contract with you or in our legitimate interests to resolve any dispute.
In relation to the information we process as it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, or to take steps for entering into our contract with you, the consequences of failure to do so would be failure to enter into a contract, failure to comply with the terms of the contract and/or the termination of the contract for breach.
We protect your interests by making it easy for you to control the way in which we use your information. For more information, see the “Control of and access to your information” section below.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information, in order to comply with any legal regulations or good governance obligations, or in order to enforce or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of other persons with whom we have a business relationship, or to purchasers or prospective purchasers in relation to a disposal of our business or assets.
We will use additional third party service providers to support our service to you. This could include business functions, including (without limitation) IT support, hosting our data on cloud platforms, legal, accounting, audit, consulting and other professional service providers, and providers of other services related to our business. Portions of our services will be provided by organisations with which we have a contractual relationship, including subcontractors, and, accordingly, your personal information will be disclosed to them. We only provide these organisations with the information that they need to be able to perform their services.
NAVEG will not sell your information.
Changes to This Notice
We will change this Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We will update the date at the top of the Notice accordingly. We encourage you to check this Notice online for changes.