Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) provides entry, intermediate, advanced, expert level professional certifications for the information technology (IT) industry.
In today’s dynamic & digital transformation age, certification training is very vital to improve and evaluate the IT and information security skills of employees. These skills are constantly evolving to achieve the ever-growing business needs, regulatory requirements, and the growing global cyber security threat landscape. Naveg has partnered with CompTIA to provide quality, world-class, and affordable Information Technology & cyber security training. Our training is delivery online and/or instructor led.
Do you have the right IT and cybersecurity skills in your organization to stand ahead of your competitors? Take a look below and register in one or more courses to make a difference!
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. A+ certified professionals identify issues and problem-solve more effectively than those without certification. In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, candidates must pass two exams: 220-1001 & 220-1002 Core Series. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Assemble components based on customer requirements
- Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users
- Understand the basics of networking and security, including forensics
- Apply troubleshooting skills to diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues
- Provide appropriate customer support
- Understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging and deployment
Start your journey here to becoming an IT & Cyber Security Expert here now!
CompTIA’s Network+ validates the knowledge and skills to troubleshoot, configure and manage common wired and wireless network. Network+ certifies a basic understanding of emerging technologies including unified communications, mobile, cloud and virtualization technologies.
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Design and implement functional networks.
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations.
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols.
- Troubleshoot network problems.
- Support the creation of virtualized networks.
CompTIA recommends Network+ candidates have a CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent knowledge, and at least 9-12 months of networking experience.
|Domains (5)||% of Exam (100%)|
|Domains (6)||% of Exam (100%)|
|Threats, Attacks & Vulnerabilities||21|
|Technologies & Tools||22|
|Architecture & Design||15|
|Identity & Access Management||16|
|Cryptography & PKI||12|
CompTIA PenTest+ is a certification for intermediate level cybersecurity professionals who are tasked with penetration testing to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network.
PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills and best practices required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings, and communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
The CompTIA PenTest+ certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to plan and scope an assessment, understand legal and compliance requirements, perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing, analyze data, and effectively report and communicate results.
|Domains (5)||% of Exam (100%)|
|Planning & Scoping||15|
|Information Gathering & Vulnerability Identification||22|
|Attacks & Exploits||30|
|Penetration Testing Tools||17|
|Reporting & Communication||16|
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) examination is an intermediate-level credential for cybersecurity professionals. The exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to an organization
- Configure and use threat detection tools
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization
The behavioral analytics skills covered by the CompTIA CySA+ certification identify and combat malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in better threat visibility across a broad attack surface by focusing on network behavior, including an organization’s interior network.
|Domains (4)||% of Exam (100%)|
|Cyber Incident Response||23|
|Security & Architecture Response||24|
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; research and collaboration; and integration of enterprise security. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
Why is it different?
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners – not managers – at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
|Domains (5)||% of Exam (100%)|
|Enterprise Security Architecture||25|
|Enterprise Security Operations||20|
|Technical Integration of Enterprise Security||23|
|Research, Development & Collaboration||13|
We offer other CompTIA training including: