Naveg ISMS offers accredited in-house and public ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training in collaboration with PECB. We also assist your organisation go through the implementation and certification processes with our accredited ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer and Auditors. We offer a practical approach of training which is align to the needs for the organisations or delegates.
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Information Security Management System (ISMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management
- Understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in ISMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit program
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
Please be informed: PECB Certified individuals who possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor credentials are qualified for a PECB Certified Master credential. More detailed information will be provided soon.
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site Audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free