ISO 9001 QMS Lead Implementer Training
Master the implementation and management of Quality Management Systems (QMS) based on ISO 9001
ISO 9001 certified professionals are considered as a strong asset to any organization. Meeting the future needs and expectations is a big challenge for organizations that operate in any industry, especially in today’s increasingly dynamic environment. Thus, in order to accomplish organizational objectives, it is important to understand the necessity of hiring experts on Quality Management Systems. By implementing ISO 9001, the certified professionals will help organizations to adopt continuous improvement practices and provide them with the essential techniques to ameliorate their working processes.
Why Should You Attend?
ISO 9001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Quality Management Systems and consequently improve an organization’s customer satisfaction and overall performance and effectiveness. After mastering all the necessary concepts of Quality Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO 9001 in an organization.
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a QMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 9001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain a QMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Quality Management System best practices
Download Course Brochure
Day 01 / May 13
- 8:30 am / Introduction to ISO 9001 and initiation of a QMS
Course objectives and structure, Standards and regulatory frameworks, Quality Management Systems (QMS), Initiating the implementation of a QMS, Understanding the organization and clarifying the quality objectives.
Day 02 / May 14
- 8:30 am / Plan the implementation of a QMS
Leadership and commitment, QMS scope, QMS policies, Roles, responsibilities and authorities, Risk assessment, Quality objectives and planning of changes.
Day 03 / May 15
- 8:30 am / Implementation of a QMS
Resource management, Awareness and communication, Documentation management, Operational control, Product requirements, design and purchasing process, Production and service provision.
Day 04 / May 16
- 8:30 am / QMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement & audit
Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation, Internal audit, Management review, Treatment of non-conformities, Continual improvement, Preparing for the certification audit, Competence and evaluation of implementers, Closing the training.
Day 05 / May 17
- 8:30 am / Certification Exam
Johannesburg, South Africa