ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training
Master the Audit of Quality Management Systems (QMS) based on ISO 9001
Why should you attend?
The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Quality Management System (QMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Quality Management System (QMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Quality Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with QMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Quality Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Quality Management
- Understand the operations of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of a QMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in QMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and case study discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 9001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Download Course Brochure
Day 01 / May 27
- 8:30 am / Fundamental principles and concepts of a Quality Management System (QMS)
Course objectives and structure, Standards and regulatory frameworks, Certification process, Fundamental concepts and principles of quality management, Quality Management System (QMS).
Day 02 / May 28
- 8:30 am / Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Fundamental audit concepts and principles, Audit approach based on evidence and risk, Initiating the audit, Stage 1 audit, Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit).
Day 03 / May 29
- 8:30 am / On-site audit activities
Stage 2 audit, Communication during the audit, Audit procedures, Creating audit test plans, Drafting audit findings and nonconformity reports.
Day 04 / May 30
- 8:30 am / Closing the audit
Audit documentation and quality review, Closing the audit, Evaluation of action plans by the auditor, Beyond the initial audit, Managing an internal audit programme, Competence, evaluation and closing the training.
Day 05 / May 31
- 8:30 am / Certification Exam
Johannesburg, South Africa