Master the implementation & management of Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701 – Lead Implementer
What is ISO/IEC 27701?
ISO/IEC 27701 standard is published in August 2019, and it is the first international standard that deals with privacy information management. The standard will assist organizations to establish, maintain and continually improve a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) by enhancing the existing ISMS, based on the requirements of the ISO/IEC 27001 and guidance of ISO/IEC 27002. It can be used by all types of organizations irrespective of their size, complexity or the country they operate.
Why is ISO/IEC 27701 important for you?
The exponential growth of the collection of personal information and the increasing of data processing has led to privacy concerns. Hence, implementing a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) in compliance with the requirements and guidance of the ISO/IEC 27701 will enable organizations to assess, treat, and reduce risks associate with the collection, maintenance and processing of personal information.
This standard is essential for every organization that is responsible and accountable for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) as it provides requirements on how to manage and process data and safeguard privacy. It enriches an already implemented ISMS to address privacy concerns properly by assisting the organizations to understand the practical approaches involved in the implementation of an effective management of PII. Get your staff ready to implement POPI, GDPR and other privacy requirements.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27701
- Understand the Privacy Information Management System implementation process
- Acquire the necessary skills to support an organization in implementing a Privacy Information Management System in compliance with the ISO/IEC 27701
- Support the continuous improvement process of the Privacy Information Management System within organizations
- Protect the organization’s reputation
- Build customer’s trust
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Increase transparency of the organization’s processes and procedures
- Maintain the integrity of customers’ and other interested parties’ information
How do I get started with ISO/IEC 27701 Lead Implementer training course?
Are you interested in expanding your knowledge and advancing your skills on establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS)? Naveg experts are here to ease the certification process and help you obtain the PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Credentials. Click below to contact us for more information.
Why should you attend?
This training course is designed to prepare its participants implement a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) in compliance with the requirements and guidance of the ISO/IEC 27701. Moreover, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of privacy information management and learn how to manage and process data while complying with various data privacy regimes. After mastering the implementation and management of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Lead Implementer” credential. The internationally recognized PECB Lead Implementer Certificate proves that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement the ISO/IEC 27701 requirements in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Managers and consultants involved in privacy and data management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Privacy Information Management System
- Individuals responsible and accountable for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) within organizations Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with data privacy regimes requirements
- PIMS team members
Day 01 / February 24
- 8:00 am / Day 1 | Introduction to ISO/IEC 27701 and initiation of a PIMS
Day 02 / February 25
- 8:00 am / Day 2 | Planning the implementation of a PIMS
- Privacy impact assessment - PIMS Statement of Applicability - Documentation management - Selection of controls - Implementation of controls
Day 03 / February 26
- 8:00 am / Day 3 | Implementing a PIMS
- Implementation of controls (cont’d) - Implementation of controls specific for PII controllers - Implementation of controls specific for PII processors
Day 04 / February 27
- 8:00 am / Day 4 | PIMS monitoring, continual improvement and preparation for the certification audit
- Awareness, training, and communication - Monitoring, measurement, analysis, evaluation, and management review - Internal audit - Treatment of non-conformities - Continual improvement - Preparing for the certification audit - Certification process and closing of the training course
Day 05 / February 28
- 8:00 am / Day 5 I Certification Exam